These basic beliefs represent what we believe to be core elements of biblical teaching. All who consider themselves a part of The Mon Valley Church adhere to these beliefs. These beliefs are common to Christians churches throughout the centuries, because of that some of the vocabulary below may be a bit difficult. For help in understanding what we mean by each of these statements, please click here.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enable to live a godly life.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ is returning to the world in future to judge the living and the dead.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.